Sunday, February 14, 2010

My friend Sal talked me into buying white tulips…


Recently our town had a Garden Fest in a park near the beach

Tons of tropical flora

always a great place to find

a rare bromeliad…or bamboo…or banana

But... I came home with some different sort of loot


IMG_4936

A French baguette mold

you know…where the dough was once left to rise.

but it is made in Mexico. Whatever.

you can see I have not worked on the table yet…priorities people.


IMG_4930

Spring has sprung.

‘cause I said so, that’s how.

I also found a carved wood piggy bowl

wait a minute…I found him at our local Marshalls.But he is hand carved and I oiled him with our butcher block oil.

he loved it.

He is currently tending the guac ingredients


IMG_4945


Child #4 says:

"Ewwww...who wants to eat anything out of a pig?"


IMG_4946
Um...Me.

Brought home two of the glass fishing floats from the fest…

why? Dunno. Maybe they’ll go outside in the garden

see the tulips Sal?


IMG_4950


But my fave is the old German educational poster...loved it’s age…


IMG_4951


Although I’m pretty sure I don’t know what a laubmoose is.

It hasn’t found a forever home yet...

so is borrowing some space in the messy family room


IMG_4957

Garden fest and nary a garden flower.

s’ok…Sal’s hooked me up!


Have a beautiful day of chocolates and white tulips!

No comments:

Post a Comment