Monday, February 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - February 2010



I have just been peeking at my first my very first Garden Bloggers Bloom Day post which was a year ago. There is less colour in the garden today which is not surprising after such a cold winter. The stars of the show at the moment are definitely the snowdrops. It was a cool and damp morning and the single flowered snowdrops had decided not to cooperate, with flowers remaining closed. The doubles were making more of an effort ~



My named snowdrops are again later in coming to bloom but there should be plenty on a variation of theme of whiteness soon. The pot below is of galanthus ‘Ginns Imperati’ which is a particularly strongly scented variety ~



I have still to plant my recently purchased hellebore 'Walberton's Rosemary' (below) whilst the older residents have started to plump up nicely and show colour ~



Before more rain stopped play a welcome warming influence from hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena' ~



I felt guilty as I forgot all about her when I took part in Rebecca's recent 'A Rainbow Invitation' meme - how could I?

and finally especially for Frances over at Fairegarden I have lots of this ~



Looking forward to seeing what's blooming in other parts of the planet over at May Dreams Gardens, kindly hosted by Carol on the fifteenth of each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment