Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St Patrick's Day Plans

I IS FOR?



IMAGINE!

I always find it hard to imagine that these rather innocuous shriveled seeds will turn into lush and green plants, hopefully producing oh most tender and sweet peas this summer ~



Tomorrow is St.Patrick's Day which is the traditional day for sowing peas and I will be making a start in the greenhouse with 'Kelvedon Wonder'. I will sow them in cells and will take them down to the allotment to plant when it is a bit warmer.



Other varieties I plan to sow this year include 'Carouby de Maussane' (mange tout) and 'Hurst Green Shaft'. Meanwhile an autumn sowing of 'Douce Provenance' has overwintered in the greenhouse. Some have perished during this cold winter but there are enough survivors for a small and an early crop, which will be most appreciated ~



As well as pea sowing St.Patrick's Day always sticks in my mind as it is also the anniversary of my first 'date' with himself :) You can find lots more posts on the letter I to inspire you over at ABC Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment