Monday, March 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - March 2010



Here I have whizzed round the garden on a sunny but breezy morning and have to report a distinct lack of activity in the blooming department. I still have plenty of snowdrops though unlike like last year when they lived up to their name of 'Fair Maids of February' ~



Here one of the most distinct of my specials - the rather wacky galanthus nivalis 'Walrus'~



The hellebores which were well open this time last March are making slow progress ~



with the odd exception of my recent purchase 'Walburtons Rosemary', which you can see at the top of this post, 'Mrs Betty Ranicar' who I wrote about here and this clump which was planted many moons ago ~



Crocuses are open - here is 'Cream Beauty' ~



and a waif and stray which I found growing on the edge of the garden - I suspect that a squirrrel has bought it in from one of the neighbour's gardens and stashed it there ~



A few little daffs in a pot are just breaking through ~

\

but making my morning was this little chap who so obligingly posed for me ~



Why not enjoy more March blooms over at Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day kindly hosted by Carol from May Dreams Gardens each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment