Wednesday, March 31, 2010

End Of Month View - March 2010



March has got itself into a right old muddle here coming in like a lamb and exiting roaring like a lion. In between the wind and rain that came down for most of the day, I managed to take a few photos for Patient Gardener's End Of Month View. I am not sure whether I was standing in exactly the same spot as I did last time but it was too cold to linger. The border is beginning to green up and there's definitely more colour than last month. There are also some little weed seedlings already in evidence and that lamium has started to walk already! I have planted a couple of small hellebores to add to the three that are already in there and am debating whether to slip in a couple more. I was hoping to tidy away all the debris from last year, remove a rather large stray rose seedling and to divide a couple of plants this week but the weather is conspiring against me. In the meantime a clearer idea about replanting and rejeuvenating this border is slowly emerging in my head. In the meantime some close ups of some of its occupants ~





No comments:

Post a Comment