Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Pride And Joy

G IS FOR?



GREENHOUSE!


"Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too"
~ William Cowper,1731 -1800.

This is my new greenhouse late last November, when it was in the last stages of being a work in progress. Himself put it all up with a small contribution from me. I can't begin to explain the excitement I feel whenever I look at it or set foot inside. The wooden benches were handcrafted by himself for my former greenhouse. Although they are a bit on the short side for their new home I could not bear to part with them. I would like to say that the greenhouse is burgeoning with seedlings but alas this is not the case yet. My seed sowing has got off to a slow start this year. However I hope to report more soon on what's going on in the inner depths of my second residence.

Why don't you go over to ABC Wednesday now for more posts on the letter G.

No comments:

Post a Comment