Sunday, January 10, 2010

'I'm Late, I'm Late For A Very Important Date!'




What a to do! As the White Rabbit said ''I'm late, I'm late for a very important date'' - well only by a few days and I hope that I am forgiven. I have returned albeit late in the day to Chavasse Park in Liverpool, for a Decembers 'Out On The Streets' aka OOTS contribution over at Veg Plotting. I have already posted about the park on the park here (June) and here (September).

Well my pre- festivities shopping went awry this year this year, so it was the last day of December before I got to Liverpool. It was a foggy and cool day and although the murk lifted whilst we there, the urge to take my gloves and take photos was a while coming.

Here is one of the Ferris wheel which was erected shortly before Christmas. From this apparently you can see Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales) on a clear day. I say apparently as I will not be testing it out - heights are not my thing. I will have to send himself up for a bird's eye view and report back. The wheel will be taken down at the end of January but there are plans to erect a permanent wheel on the waterfront later this year ~




What struck me was just how attractive the various grasses looked ~












Sorry I forgot all about the festive glitter VP, although in the photo above you can see conical red shapes decorating the street lights - well I think that is what they are. It was too early for them to be switched on.

I am still finding it hard to visualise what the park might look like in spring. This was before the 'Big Freeze' and try as I might I was disappointed not to see any sign of emerging bulbs. I am looking forward to returning in March if not before to see what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment