Tuesday, June 14, 2011

'"What's In A Name?"

V IS FOR?


VRAIMENT! ~ the potatoes that I picked at the allotment this afternoon were veritably delicious when cooked and  served with a frittata and green beans. They were the very first pickings of the season and I had to have a good furtle underground to find enough to dine on. These spuds go by the most dull name that any potato could have the misfortune to bear ~ 'BF15' which makes me think of laboratory experiments. The variety was bred in Brittany, France being the offspring of 'Belle de Fonteney and Flava.' The valiant Monty Don describes 'BF15' as the best boiled potato he has ever eaten. I'm not sure about whether I would say that but there were decidedly good.

You will find more on the victorious letter V over at ABC Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment