Sunday, June 19, 2011

A favorite corner…

Our glorious 70’s bathroom had a medicine cabinet



like many glorious bathrooms had…



bathbef4


This would be when we moved in…Don't judge.



see it sticking out of the wall…Outside…a door. Inside…little glass shelves inside a plastic box.



When we re-did the bathroom, I knew I still wanted to have a cabinet there.



And as serendipity would have it…I found what was once a mirror…I guess you would open up the doors and the mirror was inside.



IMG_9575



Only…the mirror part was broken. so It was just doors and a frame.I got it for a song.



We went to work and cut a large hole in the wall to inset a new medicine cabinet...



That we proceeded to take the door off . just needed the inside.



IMG_9566



And then affixed the wooden mirror-less doors on top of the new medicine cab shelves



are ya with me?



IMG_9568



IMG_9569


Ta-da...still small…but handy…and…uh…unique


and yep...I keep pix of kidlets in there. Doesn't everyone?



IMG_9567



IMG_9571-1


A fave little corner.



hey…I don’t need much.



Happy Fathers Day...to a fave father or two



…even though this post has absolutely nothing to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment