Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Under My Umbrella

U IS FOR?

UMBRELLA!

I have spent some time today peering out at the world from under my umbrella. As I don't drive an umbrella is a vital accesory when I put a foot outdoors unless a heatwave is predicted. I have gone through a few umbrellas over the years leaving them behind on buses and other forms of public transport. My all time favourite was patterned with raining cats and dogs. Every now and again I am tempted to treat myself to one like the beauty above. Other floral umbrellas have been calling out my name too - sunflower, dahlia and daisy shaped. However with my track record I don't think that I could justify the expense and am going to resist. Meanwhile if I could design a floral umbrella I think that I would base my design on any of these aquilegias in my garden. I think that they would fit the bill quite perfectly in an understated way ~







More unusual and ubiquitous Us over at ABC Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment