Monday, June 14, 2010

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day ~ June 2010

Well here we are already almost at the turning point of the year and with it a few of my favourite June blooms. Following the cold winter some of the late spring stalwarts such as aquilegias are still going strong. This one appeared by itself and I have no complaints ~



Another plant that I normally associate with May rather than June is this thalictrum which is still going strong - the exact identity of this one has long gone ~



I like the dangliness of nectaroscordum siculum ~



The rather elegant rosa glauca with its smokey grey leaves ~



I have plenty of astrantias - too many perhaps - these have self seeded when I wasn't looking looking but the first one 'Roma' - a Piet Oudolf introduction is sterile ~





Then last but not least there's the hardy geraniums ~ again the names are long lost memories apart from the penultimate which is the beautiful geranium clarkei 'Kashmir White' ~











Many more June blooms can be savoured over at May Dreams Gardens where Carol kindly hosts Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment