Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Slowly Drowning In A Sea Of Red Berrries

X IS FOR?


EXTRAORDINARY!

Yes I know that I am cheating again when it comes to x but try as I might I could not come up with the genuine article.

Last year I diligently planted some innocuous little strawberry runners kindly given to me by my allotment neighbours. This month we have been eating these delicious berries until they are coming out of our ears ~ what an extraordinary harvest it has been. They have been eaten at almost every meal it seems and passed along to neighbours and friends. Still they keep coming and coming, although I think that production and therefore consumption have now peaked. I have been scouring my cookery books and the internet for recipe suggestions other than the inevitable strawberry jam and strawberry ice cream. I am particularly tempted by Patient Gardener's post featuring a most delicious looking strawberry pavlova - oh get thee behind me temptation!

You will find more on the letter X over at ABC Wednesday kindly hosted each week by Denise Nesbitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment