Tuesday, May 4, 2010

At The Museum



For a bit of light relief whilst shopping on Saturday, I popped into the World Museum, Liverpool which is currently staging an exhibition entitled 'Plantastic'. The museum building is decorated with two inflatable flowers - you can see one of them in the photo below. They used to be high up in the concourse area at Liverpool Lime Street Station and were designed by a Korean artist Choi Jeong Hwa for the Liverpool Biennial in 2004. The blurb about the exhibition on the museum's website sounded quite exciting "Discover the secret world of plants in Plantastic!, an exhibition for all the family. Enter a magical realm with giant leafy canopies, massive seed pods, huge root systems and strange man-made trees. Forty exciting interactive displays help explain how we use plants in our daily life and show that plants are essential for the planet’s survival". However I had forgotten it was a bank holiday weekend and the place was bursting at the seams with families. I soon decided that I would return another day when it will hopefully be quieter. The exhibition is on until September so there is time to return at a later date.



Before leaving though I did enjoy a ten minute or so sit down under a fabric canopy and watched the seasons unfold in slow motion on the screen in front of me. Oh so perfectly relaxing - I nearly nodded off. Pop over to ABC Wednesday for plenty more on the letter P.

P.S. I had two contenders for this P post - saving the other one for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment