Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another sharp Nikon 50mm f1.8D photograph.

Continuing on the subject of how sharp the Nikon 50mm f1.8D is, here is another portrait. I had it printed to 6"X9" yesterday and it's amazing how every stubble of beard and every pore is plainly visible in the print. The computer screen version simply doesn't do it any justice, which leads me to believe that for photographers the final goal really has to be the print. Or if you shoot slide film, then it has to be the projected image.

How many of you still bother with prints, or do you stop at the point of keeping your precious photographs in digital medium on a hard drive.

For myself, very few of my photos ever get printed and displayed in a frame on the wall, but when I do print and hang them I am usually left wondering why I don't do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment