Monday, September 28, 2009

...And IT all started as a simple search for empanadas...



...In this most civilized city of Buenos Aires
Reminds me of Paris
The people...The architecture...the coffee!



My Husband was meeting with the Emir of Dubai for business
or
maybe it was just a guy from Mendoza...
So...I struck out into this fair city in search of an empanada.
simple task... No?

I heard the banging of the drums and the honking of the horns as a demonstration
was forming...and closing down the avenue
around me.
I was just looking for empanadas...remember?

Vying for a better look...and asking the marchers what their voice was...


I was assumed to be media with big camera clicking away
and was pushed to the front
for better coverage

then...uno policia...
..A few more

Then a strong line...keeping the peace?


I never quite understood the plea...Working on my spanish...

But...by gum...I was right there with them!


I found my empanadas in a tiny corner shop...

They were worth the march...
each flaky, tender morsel.
As I lunched on them back in the hotel

...with some champagne...just a bit.
hey...it was on the house!

Vive la democracia!

Vive la empanada!

No comments:

Post a Comment