Monday, February 13, 2012

Gone But Not Forgotten


The willow which sustained serious damage in the January winds was pruned on Saturday morning. Not so much a short back and sides but more of a full blown amputation. I did not watch whilst the work was in progress, so when I first saw it I had a shock, even though himself had explained what the procedure was going to involve. The tree surgeon was quick to respond to the "I want to cry but won't" look on my face by reassuring me that it will grow again. I will have to wait to see what spring brings so remain to be convinced. We have apologised profusely to the birds and insects who have graced its branches for many years and when the wind blows this week will miss the distinct sound of its branches creaking back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment