Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day ~ February 2012.

Time and the wind conspired against me today when it came to GBBD ~ too little of the former and too much of the latter. Himself treated me to a whirlwind garden centre tour as a belated Valentine's offering. Three garden centres in one day - what more could a girl want - well maybe a visit to a nursery but March is still on the horizon. No exciting purchases today - I was on a mission to find 'Lady Crystl' seed potatoes but none to be had. I resisted the temptation to purchase a half price malus which stared me in the face from the confines of the seasonal clearance area - it was not the one I have set my heart on. So showing great restraint my only puchase was a box of potato fertiliser for the potatoes I have still to get.

So here are just one or two 'Fair Maids of February' ~ 

The first to be accurate is a gentleman - 'John Gray' an old cultivar with large flowers. Then hopefully illustrating that they don't look all the same ~ two 'drops deep in conversation ~ 'Wendy's Gold' and 'Edinburgh Ketton' ~


I am still wondering why snowdrops can be such awkward characters to photograph at times. I must discard as many photos as I keep probably more. Now for coffee and a browse round other February blooms thanks to May Dreams Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment