Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Guessing Game

U IS FOR?


UNDER WRAPS!
The state of the contents of my greenhouse is giving me some utter nightmares and could result in a ultimate tragedy.  I did not take many cuttings this year but there are a few - mainly penstemons, erysium 'Bowles Mauve', lemon verbena and a parahebe which bears little white flowers. The November sown sweet peas are also in there along with a mature astelia and a phormium (both 2010 purchases) I was recently away for a week and unfortunately left home before the big freeze. I was foolishly very dismissive about the possibility of such a prolonged cold snap at this time of year Although the cuttings and the sweet peas were underneath some fleece just in case, I have serious doubts as to whether they will come through this weather undamaged. I have not dared to open the greenhouse doors to find, out so as soon as the mercury rises an urgent inspection awaits. I will be most sad if the parahebe suffers as my mother and I have both lost our original plants.  All will be revealed in due course but in the meantime I am keeping my fingers crossed.

You will find further coverage of the unique letter U over at ABC Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment