Saturday, November 21, 2009

'I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In'


~ almost a month earlier than last year. This is galanthus plicatus 'Three Ships' which is much more advanced than it was at this time last year. I can only put this down to the mild autumn we have had up to now. The flower is now on the point of opening fully but it has been too dull and/or wet to take another photo today. Last year I was delighted to see that my original bulb had multiplied. This year it looks as if I may now have four bulbs ! I had a good look at my small collection of galanthus or snowdrops earlier this week, on the rare occasion when there was a break in the rain. Quite a few pots revealed little snouts of green already poking through the grit dressings, so I hope that it cools down soon to slow them down. Apart from 'Three Ships' none of the others should flower this side of Christmas. I can't wait to see the latest additions to the collection i.e. 'Icicle', 'Greenish' and 'Cowhouse Green' hopefully flower this winter for the first time.

I was please to be the recipient of this Best Blog Award earlier this week, most kindly bestowed upon me by Jo over at 'The Good Life' .Thanks so much Jo. I am glad that you think that my blog is worthy of such an award and I appreciate your regular comments.



I must now pass this award on to other blogs who I think deserve such an award along with these instructions ~

Post the award on your blog along with the name of the person who passed it on to you and link to their blog. Choose 15 blogs which you have recently discovered and you think are great and pass it on to them. Don't forget to leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Well I am afraid that I am going to break the rules and instead would like to nominate ten blogs that I have recently discovered and have been enjoying. I hope that they will accept this award. If you have not already come across these blogs I hope that will visit them soon. They are :

Wisteria and Cow Parsley
Green Theatre
Jean's Garden
Gardening With Latitude
The Violet Fern
Tales From A Cottage Garden
Midges,Moss and Mud
Gwirrels' Garden
Blue Gate Gardens
Secrets of A Seed Scatterer

No comments:

Post a Comment