Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Portrait Shoot


I shot a series of portraits for a client over the weekend and decided to share this one simply because this wonderful man's face really caught my eye, some people are just great to photograph and he was a natural!

I had a load of fun and was reminded once again that I am in this because I love working with people, and seeing them happy with something as personal as their portrait just makes my day!

After the break is the "compulsory" set-up shot:



A simple three light set-up to get a nice looking portrait with some realistic depth. The whole shebang packs up into one rolling suitcase that you can spy on the table on the left. This is all really easy to cart around to clients and use on location.

(Some clever sod commented on Flickr and said: "Your post processing is amazing. You turned a middle aged Caucasian into an older African American." My answer was: "Haha! New Lightroom plugin! ;-) Just got my ever patient wife to stand in as a "guinea pig" while I fine tuned the lighting ahead of the actual shoot.")

The portrait at the top was taken with the wonderful and super cheap Nikkor 50mm f1.8D attached to a Nikon D300s.

And finally there is one of those fancy lighting diagrams that people seem to like so much:


Due credit is given at the bottom of the lighting diagram graphic. It's easy to use and looks really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment