Friday, February 15, 2013

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day ~ February 2013

I soon put the February grumps behind me yesterday morning, when some most welcome sunshine and these flowers greeted me. There was a distinct hint of spring not being so far away. The hellebores are all unnamed whilst the snowdrop clumps are galanthus nivalis and the double is galanthus nivalis f.pleniflorus  'Flore Pleno'. The left hand snowdrop in the middle row is a named snowdrop - let me introduce you to galanthus nivalis 'Blonde Inge'. She was discovered in 1993 in a Germany cemetery. The name was derived from an old German song, 'Wenn Ich die Blonde Inge mit nach Hause bringe' which translates as 'When I will bring golden-haired Inge home'. If you look closely though at one of the flowers, I think that this Inge is in urgent need of the peroxide bottle for a retouch.

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day is kindly hosted each month by Carol over at May Dreams Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment