Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Poem For January


"Joy to You
I have bought some snowdrops ; only just a few,
But quite enough to prove the world awake,
Cheerful and hopeful in the frosty dew
And for the pale sun's sake' 

~ Christina Rosetti, 1830 -1894

As a new year unfolds I wish joy to anybody who visits here. May 2013 treat you and your patch of earth whether garden or allotment kindly. A huge big thanks to everyone who has called in during 2012 - your comments and support have been much appreciated and have often bought smiles to my face. Blogging would not be the same without you.

The above collage is composed of photos taken in the garden or on our travels during 2012. It was difficult to put one together, as having suffered major computer woes earlier this year most of my photos are floating about in limbo. I know where there are but accessing them in chronological order and then sorting them out, is going to be a major challenge for me to sort out this year. April and May when I usually take a lot of photos are especially elusive.

From left to right starting in the top left hand corner ~
January - snowdrops in my garden, February - snowdrops and irises at Abbeywood Gardens, March - in the greenhouse.
April - spring arrives, May - brunnera , June - on the street planting in Le Bec Helloin, Normandy.
July - my favourite geranium, August - wildlife in the garden, September - a window box in Arles.
October - cotoneaster foliage, November - smiling violas, December - sunshine on a rainy day.

Please click on the mosaic if you would like to see a larger version.

No comments:

Post a Comment