Thursday, July 19, 2012

I think I am like a crazy cat lady….

Only it isn’t cats I collect

But paintings

They keep finding me. I keep adopting them.

This one however, comes with a history. well a story anyway.

It was just sitting there minding it’s business behind a stack of prints and faded fake water colors

at a local thrift shop

IMG_3243

The big blue guy…with the splash. Not it’s real home…just found a useful nail.

Big. Blue oil…Kinda nice gold wood frame. 20 bucks…

Hmmm….I think….Don’t need it.

Turn it over… and find this taped with aging scotch tape to the back

IMG_3245

A memo from a Mr Weisse of Park avenue NYC

IMG_3244-001

 

Inquiring about the artisttyped by his secretary m

He DID get an answer to his inquiry…alright

IMG_3244

BAM.

IMG_3247

Betty says it is an amateur….with an exclamation point.

Poor Blue.

C’mon home with me…we’ll take care of ya.

Island of the misfit art….

 

IMG_3250

…though someone looks peeved…

IMG_3249

She came from the same thrift store…5 whole bucks.

She has a bit of a ‘tude.

fits right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment