Sunday, July 15, 2012

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - July 2012

Despite the copious rains June's pastels are giving way to warmer, richer shades of purple, violet and deep pink. This month I have especially been enjoying old and familiar friends in the shape of various hardy geraniums. The double pratenses (middle row right and bottom row left) have been appreciating the cooler weather. At the moment there does not seem any danger of them being bleached or scorched by warm sunshine. Newer acquaintances are the day lilies which are all gifts from my friend D. I am sure that they came with labels but they have seem to have gone walkabout so sadly at the moment are all nameless. If you read this D. perhaps you might kindly come to the rescue. I have been waiting until late in the day for my favourite to open another flower but it has not obliged. No doubt it will unfurl tomorrow. I am really quite taken with day lilies and will be looking to add more to the garden in the future.

More July flowers can be lingered over via May Dreams Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment