Friday, May 18, 2012

Officially Open


"A week is a long time in politics" but just two days can be a long time in the garden at this time of year. From the above taken on Tuesday morning for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day ~ to this taken yesterday morning fully open to visitors ~


A Pacific Coast iris - name not known ~ its one drawback is that it has very short lived flowers but to my mind it makes up for it with its colours and markings. I particularly like the tips of the petals which look as if they have been suffused with the faintest flush of school blue ink. Whenever I've had divisions in flower at our garden club plant sale this goes straight away. Delighted to discover one more flower spike yesterday as I thought that this was only the one! Apparently these grow easily from seed so I must have a go - I have noticed that Chiltern Seeds sell a packet of mixed seeds so may well be tempted. As you can see from the photo although still wet it was much warmer and rumour has it the temperatures are going to rise next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment