Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - July

 
Posted by Picasa


Although still high summer hints of autumn lurk in the garden - the elderflowers are now developing berries and the glowing white chestnut candles of May are now conkers in waiting. I have been participating in Garden Bloggers Bloom Day since March this year and as the year unfolds I have noticed that my colour palette is dominated by pinks, blues, shades of purple and white as well as green. There are very few reds, yellows and oranges in the garden. I must do something to rectify this sorry state of affairs.

Top row - left to right - geranium pratense 'Plenum Caeruleum', geranium' Salome' and rosa 'The Fairy' - this does not come into flower into July but then flowers for a long spell.

Middle row - left to right - astrantia maxima,unknown heuchera and petunias in a container and verbascum 'Jackie in Pink'

Bottom row left to right - a buddleia obtained as a cutting from my parent's garden, geranium pratense 'Plenum Violaceum' and what I think is geranium 'Rozanne' but it did not have a label when I bought it. I rescued it from the bargain shelf of our local Homebase store where it was looking rather worse for wear. I think that she was suffering from extreme dehydration and neglect so I am glad that I bought her home with me.

More June blooms can be added to the ever growing wish list at May Dreams Gardens hosted by Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment