Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Worisit ?



I was recently chatting plants with my sister on the phone as we are wont to do. She told me that she had found a plant in her garden which she does not remember planting :) Her verbal description of "Well it's sort of like a frilly white iris" left me scratching my head, so she promised to email me a photo which arrived today. A brief description accompanied the photo "It was in flower about 2 weeks ago and about 12" tall. Just two leaves from the base of what could be a bulb but don't know for sure and quite a fleshy stem"

I am still scratching my head - it looks familiar but I am unable to put a name to it. I will be getting the reference books out but maybe some kind and knowledgeable person might be able to shed light on its identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment