Friday, March 2, 2012

Children are Tough to Photograph!

As many of you know, I spent most of December shooting kids in a mall, and I have to say, it was tough! I have a new admiration for photographers who specialize in working with children!

But it is very rewarding to photograph children as well, to see the reaction of the parents when they see the prints for the first time and you know they just love it! The reaction of the children can be priceless. For me the interesting thing was to see how each individual child's character really comes to the fore, especially in the themed setups we did.

In the photo below are three very different siblings doing very different things in reaction to being in the same shot. Rather than trying to keep maximum control over what the children were doing while posing, I just let them have free rein and got some great memories for their parents.


Some parents ended up getting several extra prints made for all the grandparents, uncles, aunts, god-parents, etc. which was very good for business!

 An explanation of the set-up used is here: My Santa Set-up

No comments:

Post a Comment