Saturday, July 30, 2011

Salt water…

Standing at the salty edge of the ocean… looking out… I always see so much color.





Yet when I look down at my feet the liquid is as clear as gin.





Sometimes I wonder if two of us standing at the same placeand the same time truly even see the same colors the water holds.





SurfPaintingsforOrmondMuseum012[1]





Art in the moment…each movement and ripple depicts another color. None the same.I imagine





Water can present a special challenge for artists. Having no consistent shape or color.





It doesn’t reflect light or cast shadows the way solid objects do.





I so admire when artists capture the soul of the ocean.





SurfPaintingsforOrmondMuseum033[1]





Surf Baby wave of the future 36x24 acrylic






Florida Artist Marie DeCosta beautifully depicts





different examples of the oceans temperament





…and it’s color…In her work.






SurfPaintingsforOrmondMuseum038[1]





Blue Crush 30x40 acrylic on canvas






Sister to landlocked but equally talented designer and shop owner and blogger Maryanne of





Beadboard Upcountry



**and...btw...check out her FAB knitwear trunkshow. I drool!**





Marie finds inspiration in much of nature





SurfPaintingsforOrmondMuseum010[1]








SurfPaintingsforOrmondMuseum021[1]








marie a1a





A1A Blues 20x16 inches acrylic on canvas






But her Florida tribute





moves my soul.








find more of her work and style here.





SurfPaintingsforOrmondMuseum036[1]





Celebrate Wet 18x36 acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment