Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day ~ April 2010

 


This time last year forget - me - nots were singing the blues but not a peek from them yet or from the blue clematis alpina down at the end of the garden. We have been enjoying a spell of settled dry weather here - in fact dare I say it some April showers would be more than welcome. The stars of the garden at the moment are the autumn flowering cherry now resplendent in its second flush and hellebore' Mrs Betty Ranicar' (both pictured in the third row). The latter went through a sulking phase last year and only produced a handful of flowers but this year has come back strong. The name of the plant in the bottom left hand corner has gone from my memory. I think that it begins with an M. If anybody can name it I would be most grateful.

You can enjoy other April blossoms over at May Dreams Gardens kindly hosted each month by Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment