Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tagged: Five things to love about our state...


Ahh...FLORIDA



photos: Flickr... unless noted
Never thought I would be living here...Ever.
Coming from Colorado and New York...and having only done spring break in
Florida....my view of it was concrete jungle and condos.

I came to live here kicking and screaming...and told my husband three years...TOPS!

10 years have flown by.

I was (and am) wonderfully surprised by it's depth , beauty, culture and people

...and continue to find hidden treasure's
Recently katie-did from California tagged me...asking that I post 5 things to love
about our state (and then spread the love to 5 more) .
Okey dokey then...

What continually amazes me about Florida:

1.that orchids grow wild in the oak trees!




2.We can have a fresh fruit salad straight from our yard...

Bananas, Pineapple, mangoes, papaya, star fruit, Lemon, Lime,

Avacado, mint and even coffee beans (yep...tried our hand at coffee!)


3.There are working cattle ranches deep in Florida...and many are true stewards of this beautiful wild land.
It is a whole beautiful...often unknown, world in its own right.

Photos: Adams cattle Ranch

4. We have one of the oldest cities in the nation...St. Augustine(who knew....eh?)


5. And of course...hard to think of Florida without thinking of the Ocean

...in its ever changing moods and personalities

Now I want to know more about these 5 wonderful bloggers States:
....and GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment