Monday, August 17, 2009

The lemon…lime? in the coconut…

A change from hotel searching...Phew! you say...I hear ya...I hear ya.

In the strange but true category

we have a sweet well decidedly sour gender confused lemon tree

species confused? Fruit confused?

Just plain ole’ Confrused Scooby.

But beautiful all the same.

We Love all of our babies...green or otherwise.

lemon 003

It is glorious in it’s yellow and green striped skin..and pink flesh.

It’s leaves proudly variegated.

Not your ordinary lemon

no siree.

But…This summer, a long new branch stretched and reached out…and out

lemon 009

And the fruit is different…very.

the leaves are different…it is a brother from another mother

so say I.

lemon 008

It smells lusciously like lime…looks like lime

Is certainly prolific this long branched peculiarity.

I dunno. Shaking head confused.

lemon 017

I brought it in…cut it

mixed it...

lemon 013

It’ll do. Oh...it'll do beautifully.

lemon 016

It’s still summer here and will be for months...and months

And we all need a cooling refreshing cocktail. No?

~Fill a glass with ice

add a nice shot of Limoncello…some sparkling water…and a squeeze of lemon

or lime.~

whatever.

And if you can help me figure out my tree sit-chi-a-tion

I’ll have one waiting for you.

Truly I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment